The Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions is one of the only tournaments left in the country that brings the best teams in the the nation together across shoe and non-shoe affiliations. This will be the 22nd year of the tournament and its tradition of former players, teams and competition is unrivaled in grassroots basketball. In addition to HoopSeen the tournament is usually covered by ESPN, Rivals, Scout, 247 and a variety of other regional and local media outlets.
No other tournament in the country has the tradition of the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions. Not only is it one of the longest running travel tournaments around it is often remembered for its competitiveness, great games and elite players who have participated over the years. Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, John Wall, Kevin Durant and other great players have written part of their Prep stories at the Bob Gibbons TOC. Here is a list of notable players who have participated over the years. Who will write their story this year? We can't wait to find out.
Important on Schedule Requests
The Gibbons TOC is one of the largest tournaments in the country with most teams traveling from out of the state. Because of the size of this tournament we cannot honor schedule requests for this tournament. All teams registering should be available to play a Friday night game as early as 6:00pm. If you cannot play Friday night as early as 6:00pm, we recommend not registering. No refunds will be granted after the registration deadline or after the tournament is full.
We have worked with many local hotels to negotiate the best rates in the area during HoopSeen tournament weekends. Our Housing Bureau portal allows teams to conveniently find all the information on area hotels as well as reserve rooms online. Out-of-town teams are required to book their rooms through our housing bureau in order to compete in the tournaments.
All teams must complete and submit a team roster for the event.
- Complete the team roster found below
- Email a completed copy of the Roster to GibbonsRosters@gmail.com
- Information provided on the roster must be compete and accurate.
- Roster must be Submitted by email.
- Print and bring a copy of the roster to check-in
- Only players on the roster will be able to participate in the event.
- Players cannot be added to the roster once the event has begun.
All Teams MUST check-in prior to the first game. Teams will need the following items at check-in and will need to have access to until the event concludes:
- Complete and print Roster
- Copy of each player's Birth Certificates
- Copy of each player's Grade Report
- Copy of completed scoresheet found below (Players Names and # required)
- Teams will receive 3 coaching bands per team.
- Coach’s name must be on the team roster to receive band.
- Coaching bands are to be worn the entire weekend.
- Teams that fail to check-in will not be allowed to advance to bracket play.